Computers have always been around me. It all started with Commodore 64. At first I only played games, later I also tried simple programming with Basic and Simon's BASIC. With PCs it got a bit more serious: I made my first flames+zooming Mandelbrot demo using assembly language and taking advantage of the so-called VGA Mode X. Currently I'm studying for a master's degree in Computer Science at Aalto University.
I'm also a professional musician — I play the violin. I took a master's degree at Sibelius Academy and have played in multiple orchestras: The Orchestra of the Finnish National Opera, Riku Niemi Orchestra, Lohjan kaupunginorkesteri etc. I also play on many recordings.
- Master of Science (Technology) — Aalto University (2016–in progress)
- Major: Computer Science (Web Technologies, Applications and Science)
- Bachelor of Science (Technology) — Aalto University (2012–2016)
- Minor: Industrial Engineering and Management
- Major: Computer Science
- Thesis: "ECMAScript 6 — vaikutus ylläpidettävyyteen ja käytön yleisyys"
- Master of Music — Sibelius Academy (2006)
At the present I mostly do full-stack web application developing. Below is a list of languages/technologies/concepts I'm proficient with.
- Tech: Node.js, Express, React, socket.io, Django, Bootstrap, jQuery, Webpack, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, AJAX, Nginx, VPS, Scrum
- Areas of interest: 3D graphics, machine learning, UI design
- Golf: in the summer I play some golf — with my father — with subpar (pun intended) results...
- Board games: recently I got into playing modern board games like Pandemic, Agricola, Suburbia etc.
- Economics and investing: might sound boring, but I've always been interested in both macro and micro economics and personal wealth management. Maybe it'll someday pay off!
- Music: obviously. I listen to all kinds of music: classical, pop, jazz, progressive metal, folk music etc. And sometimes I just want to listen to silence.